Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Get Started Today!

"I'm going to start going to the gym, but I would really like to lose some weight first."

This is actually a line I've heard several times! People are always in search of the "perfect" time to start a fitness program. It's always "I'll start when my kids are back in school." Or "I'll start when work slows down." The bottom line is there is never a perfect time to start your fitness program. There will always be obsticals. The kids will always get in the way. Work will always be busy. There may even be a little snow on the ground (insert sarcastic gasp here). Whether your goal is fat loss, getting stronger, increasing muscle mass, or just looking better naked; the perfect time to start your program is, and will always be, RIGHT NOW!

"The most important key in achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move." - John Wooden

1 comment:

  1. Great post. It's true. I've heard "I need to lose some weight before I could start doing MMA" a few times. Like starting to do MMA wouldn't shred off some of that weight, and motivate you to get rid of the rest.

    The life lesson is like you said, there is never a perfect time. So just start now!

    ReplyDelete