Friday, November 20, 2009


A Few Things That Really Bother Me

1. Misuse of the word “Tone” – Muscle tone does not have anything to do with the way a muscle looks. Muscle tone is the amount of tension that is on a muscle at rest. Again tone does not equal definition. Losing fat does! So, the next time your trainer tells you that they can “tone you up!” Fire them.

2. Household Cats – Seriously….I hate them. Don’t get me wrong, the lions and tigers that chase wildebeests across the plains of Africa are awesome. It’s just the ones here in America that poop in boxes aren’t so awesome.

3. Stupid Comments – I recently had someone tell me that “weight lifting” was bad for me and was going to cause damage to my joints. Keep in mind this person had a protracted shoulder girdle, posterior pelvic tilt, and a waist measurement of well over 40 inches. I have two responses to that. Lifting weights doesn’t injure people, lifting weights WRONG does. And, I’d rather go see the orthopedic surgeon than the cardiologist.

^^This Guy Says I'm Gonna Hurt Myself^^

4. “Ab” Exercises – Most people wake up in the morning sit all the way to work and then sit all day at work. They spend most of their time with the hips and torso in the flexed position. So, why do all these trainers and infomercials continue to make their customers do more sit ups and crunches? The primary function of the obliques, rectus abdominus, and transverse abdominus is to absorb force and stabilize the lumbar spine. Not to bring the rib cage closer to the pelvis. We already do plenty of that anyways. So, hear’s some things not to buy:





Here's What to do:





Thanks Mr Cressey, and thanks to everyone for reading. I'm sure there are a lot of other things I could put on this list, but I'm ready to get my weekend started!

No comments:

Post a Comment